Record of achievement
2007 – 2009
- TGG founded by Urs Walterlin and a small group of local people.
- TGG secures representation on Goulburn Mulwaree Council’s Environment and Economic Development and Tourism Committees.
- TGG Partners with ANU’s Fenner School of Environment and Society to secure graduate research projects, over three years. The partnership produced The Goulburn Group Growth Action Plan which would shape TGG strategy for the next 5 years.
- TGG membership grows in response to media publicity and the Action Plan.
- Sydney conference with German Business Association and NSW Government 60c feed in tariff kick starts Goulburn Goes Solar in partnership with Ingenero.
- The Goulburn Group Growth Action Plan presented to Goulburn Mulwaree Council (Council).
- TGG incorporates as an Association enabling it to apply for and administer grant funding.
- Tree changer Working Group and Wetlands Working Group established by Council as a response to the TGG Growth Action Plan.
- Tree changer Report delivered to Council and Council adopts key recommendation for Goulburn Australia Brand Strategy and Logo.
- TGG reps attend “Regional Development Australia, Illawarra: Transforming Australia”.
- Students from ANU work with TGG to explore potential for sustainable industry hubs in Goulburn: Proposal presented to Council: “Goulburn Mulwaree Sustainability Building Centre.”
- TGG reps attend Energise Central NSW conference in Cowra and present Business Case for Sustainability to Goulburn Mulwaree Council. This kick-starts Council’s installation of solar street lighting on Mary’s Mount Road and roof top solar on Council buildings.
- TGG secures Department of Communities $90 000 grant for Stage One Earthworks, Goulburn Wetlands Rehabilitation Project.
- Earthworks completed at the Wetlands.
- Goulburn Free Wifi project initiated.
- The Lieder Theatre Sustainability Project helps celebrate 120 year anniversary of the Theatre. TGG facilitates funding for an energy audit through the NSW Government’s Sustaining Our Towns Program. The Theatre implemented the recommendations of the assessment to reduce energy costs and carbon footprint.
- Imagining the Future: Lieder Theatre Sustainable Theatre 3 D Design completed by SC Design and associates in partnership with TGG and put on public exhibition.
- TGG secures Stage Two funding of $100,000 from the NSW Environment Trust for the Goulburn Wetlands Project and manages the funds for three years.
- TGG auspices FROGS Landcare Inc. to manage groundworks for Goulburn Wetlands Project.
- TGG launches the first Goulburn Connects Sustainability Festival: sustainability is everyone’s business. The Business Breakfast attracts over 100 people to hear John Hewson speak.
- TGG facilitates Council to sign up for Sustainability Advantage a program offered by the Office of Environment and Heritage to improve energy and resource efficiency across Council business units.
- TGG supports the launch of Kentgrove Climate Change Garden.
- TGG participates in Get Up’s Day of Climate Action attracting local support
and photos uploaded to the Get Up website.
- Stef Pillora from UTS (Sydney) begins a case study on TGG and community-based action.
- TGG establishes a Carbon Offset Garden at Riversdale to offset carbon emissions generated by the Goulburn Connects Festival.
- Goulburn Free Wifi attracts three year funding contribution from Council and expands.
- Solar powered Goulburn Free Wifi installed at Goulburn Wetlands.
- TGG Global Scholarship awarded to Mulwaree High School student for International Summer Science School in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Research into commuter bus for Goulburn residents:Canberra-Sydney.
- TGG reps on Goulburn Council Sustainability Advisory Committee successfully push for the adoption of the Sustainability Action Plan and Waterways Plan with accountabilities.
- Goulburn Connects Sustainability Festival 2014: There’s no planet B.
- TGG secures three-year funding for the festival from Council.
- “Kentgrove Climate Change Garden” is listed in the Australian Open Gardens Scheme with national visitor interest.
- Electric Highway Project is initiated with ACT Government, GMC and Wingecaribee Councils.
- Tesla agrees to attend Goulburn Connects Festival for one of the largest exhibitions of electric vehicles in Australia.
- OE&H make Goulburn the pilot site for Place-based Planning Initiative after discussions with TGG, Business Chamber and Council.
- Hugh McKay book launch: “The Art of Belonging”.
- TGG becomes an official partner with SERREE (The South East Region of Renewable Energy Excellence) and participates in a business renewable energy expo.
- Council installs signage for Goulburn Free Wifi at northern and southern entrances acknowledging TGG partnership.
- TGG representatives attended the first Congress for Community Energy in Canberra.
- TGG is represented on the Southern Tablelands Train Users Group (STRUG).
- TGG rep joins the Mayor in push for the Very Fast Train at forums in Wagga and Sydney.
- Goulburn Mulwaree High, Goulburn High, Trinity Catholic College host Amanda McKenzie, CEO, Climate Council as part of Goulburn Connects Festival.
- NSW Community Energy Feasibility Study Grant awarded to TGG for community solar farm.
- Expansion of Goulburn Free Wifi continues.
- Tesla Supercharger is secured for Goulburn as Australia’s first regional site.
- TGG establishes subcommittee and expert advisory group to drive the feasibilty study into a community owned solar farm.
- TGG delivers third Goulburn Connects Sustainability Festival: make the switch.
- TGG is listed as a state finalist in the ‘Going Green Education Award’ showcasing the annual Goulburn Connects Sustainability Festival project as a model for other communities, NSW Blue Star Sustainability Awards on 6-7 November 2015, at Gloucester in the Upper Hunter valley.
- Friday cuppa group formed to support those who are socially isolated.
- John Hewson joins TGG to launch Community Energy For Goulburn Inc. (CE4G) and the Feasibility Study on Goulburn Community Solar Farm to a packed audience of 200 local people. Young members and friends remind the crowd about what is at stake if we do not transition to clean energy.
- Urs Walterlin, TGG founding member, becomes Patron after 9 years as President of TGG.
- TGG and FROGS Landcare form working group in final push to complete Stage Two Goulburn Wetlands Project.
- Goulburn Wetlands wins Environmental Heritage Award for outstanding work.
- TGG delivers submissions on the NSW South
Eastern Infrastructure Plan and NSW Climate Change Strategy to support clean energy projects.
- OE&H use TGG as a case study on NSW Environment Website.
- TGG supports CE4G at public launch of the Solar bulk buy program with Suncrowd.
- Hugh Mackay joined TGG members and friends to discuss The pressures on communities. On the way out, someone reworked the welcome sign.
- TGG member, Bill Wilkes, is awarded Citizen of the Year.
- TGG coordinates submission on behalf of five community groups in response to the draft 20 Year Community Strategic Plan proposed by Council.
- TGG’s youngest member addresses Council meeting on the need for the Community Strategic Plan to improve Council’s performance for sustainability.
- TGG delivers comprehensive final report and acquittal to the NSW Environment Trust on Goulburn Wetlands in cooperation with FROGS Landcare.
- Members develop next phase strategy on Livability.
- TGG reps attend workshops on Governance and Smart Cities at Workspace 2580.
- TGG supports Boomerang Bags and promotes Plastic free July on social media.
- Goulburn Free Wifi installed in Towrang Village and at the Goulburn Club for better CBD coverage.
- TGG establishes Backyard Biodiversity as a potential area of action.
- TGG invited to deliver first monthly column in the Goulburn Post in April.
- TGG delivers our submission 20182502TGGCBDMasterplan to Council on the draft CBD Masterplan.
- Backyard Biodiversity Interest Group identifies potential demonstration sites for habitat friendly gardens.
- Goulburn Backyard Biodiversity Interest Group FB page set up.
- TGG members contribute to the community consultation on Goulburn – Crookwell Rail Trail.
- TGG opposes proposal for a second gaol for Goulburn.
- Hollow Making Workshop at Goulburn Community Garden as part of the Backyard Biodiversity Interest Group.
- Spider workshop for Backyard Biodiversity Interest Group
- Delivers submission on Goulburn Housing Strategy.
- Goulburn Post invites TGG to continue Local Leaders Column each month.
- March 15 Student Climate Strike with local action and attendance at Canberra Rally
For more information on projects contact us.