Kentgrove is an historic property situated on Gorman Road, in Goulburn. It was first settled around 1840 as a huge orchard and in 1930 was converted into a sheep station. The present owner purchased Kentgrove in 2006 and set about converting the property into a series of sustainable gardens.
After a few years of developing better infrastructure to suit impending climate change, a 750 square metre ‘Victorian Kitchen Garden’ was constructed on the existing tennis court. Next, the ‘Temperate Rainforest Room’ was constructed in part of the old jam factory. The latest project is an 800 square metre ‘Japanese Garden’.
All these gardens, as well as the dedicated ‘Australian Native’ and ‘English-style Gardens’, are based on sustainable gardening principals, and hope to work ‘with’ ongoing climate change in a positive and exciting manner.
Kentgrove will be open to visiting groups and buses on request, starting in 2016.
NEWS: Kentgrove featured in a three-page, illustrated article that was published in ‘Your Vegie Patch’ magazine (November 2015 edition, volume 6, number 1). The following is a copy of part of the first page of the article: